We are currently seeking permanent full-time Licensed Structures Technicians to join our airframe team. The Structures Department is approved to carry out major and minor repairs and modifications including STC’s to tubular and sheet metal structures.
Successful candidates are client-focused team players, who take pride in their work and are reliable, and able to work with minimum supervision.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Structures Manager the Structures Technicians will be responsible to complete basic inspection and repair tasks. Including but not limited to;
- The Inspection of aircraft structures in accordance with Service Bulletins, AD’s and aircraft manuals, to Inspection and assessment of corrosion and damage to aircraft structures.
- The design and layout of a structural repair manual (SRM) repair with minimal assistance
- Construction and set up of jigs and fixtures
- Source appropriate calibrated tooling for the jobs
Complete all general repairs, such as;
- Sealant of metal and composite surfacesInstallation of fasteners
- Treatment of metals and corrosion
- Assembly and fitting of parts
- Repair, replace, and modify metal alloy and composite structures
- Fabrication of sheet metal parts
- Ability to source and use correct composite materials for bonding a fastener or simple repair
- Understanding of aircraft fastener codes and uses/installations
- Aviation College Course Certificate
- ‘S’ category license is preferred
- Experience with DHC-6 an asset
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Available and willing to travel within Canada and internationally for work-related matters.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the field
- Demonstrated competency in field of expertise
- Ability to work well with other individuals across departments
Submit resume to email@example.com with the Position Title in the subject line. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
At Rocky Mountain Aircraft we offer competitive compensation, comprehensive health, and dental benefits package, the option to work a modified workweek, voluntary RSP matching, employee discounts, recurrent training program, monthly gas allowance, out-of-town rate of pay and a highly dynamic work environment.
Employees must be legally eligible to work in Canada.